media mount failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on media mount failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backup operation has just begun to fail and when I look at the logs, it has the following: media mount failed. It is getting through most of the backup and fails at around the same place every time (but ...

  1. media mount failed

    My backup operation has just begun to fail and when I look at the logs, it
    has the following: media mount failed. It is getting through most of the
    backup and fails at around the same place every time (but not the same file
    or size). Out full backup should be around 12.9GB's and it is failing
    around 12.1GB's.

    We are using a Sony tape drive DDS3 12/24 and compression is turned on.
    Backup is set to append, and overwrite if no appendable media found.

    This happened before and we reinstalled BackupExec and it made the problem
    go away for about one week.

    NT4sp6 - BackupExec 7.2 multi-server edition.

    Jason Buckner

  2. Re: media mount failed

    Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but rather am experiencing a very similar
    problem which began occurring simply out of the blue a couple of weeks ago.
    Using BENT 8.5 on W2K, the back-up runs in its entirety and then moves to
    the verify process which it completes to the 99% point. I then am prompted
    to remove the media from the drive, and when I do, the result in the job
    log is "media mount failed." I can find no explanation for this, it happens
    on all media inserted in the drive.

    Does anyone have _any_ insight on this? Thanks.

    "Jason Buckner" wrote:
    >My backup operation has just begun to fail and when I look at the logs,

    it
    >has the following: media mount failed. It is getting through most of the
    >backup and fails at around the same place every time (but not the same file
    >or size). Out full backup should be around 12.9GB's and it is failing
    >around 12.1GB's.
    >
    >We are using a Sony tape drive DDS3 12/24 and compression is turned on.
    >Backup is set to append, and overwrite if no appendable media found.
    >
    >This happened before and we reinstalled BackupExec and it made the problem
    >go away for about one week.
    >
    >NT4sp6 - BackupExec 7.2 multi-server edition.
    >
    >Jason Buckner

+ Reply to Thread