"Media is write protected" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Media is write protected" - Veritas Backup Exec ; BlankAfter changing to a new tape, backup exec can access tape station. I have checked the physical write protection on the tape and tried the tips in TechNote ID: 204061 with no results. Tape staion is a changer from Sony ...

  1. "Media is write protected"

    BlankAfter changing to a new tape, backup exec can access tape station.
    I have checked the physical write protection on the tape and tried the tips
    in TechNote ID: 204061 with no results.
    Tape staion is a changer from Sony with 8mm DAT tapes and 4 slots.
    Backup Exec version is 7.3 2575

  2. Re: "Media is write protected"

    Did you format the tape yourself or was it pre-formatted? If you did
    yourself check the tape properties.

    "Lars Andersen" wrote in message
    > BlankAfter changing to a new tape, backup exec can access tape station.
    > I have checked the physical write protection on the tape and tried the

    tips
    > in TechNote ID: 204061 with no results.
    > Tape staion is a changer from Sony with 8mm DAT tapes and 4 slots.
    > Backup Exec version is 7.3 2575

+ Reply to Thread