help, files corrupted after restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on help, files corrupted after restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can someone help me with this one. I'm using BE 8.5, W2Kserver(IBM raid 5). Last weekend I had to restore all my data(files) on server. And now, about 20% of all files (doc, xls, ppt, ...) are corrupted and can't ...

  1. help, files corrupted after restore

    Can someone help me with this one.
    I'm using BE 8.5, W2Kserver(IBM raid 5).
    Last weekend I had to restore all my data(files) on server. And now, about
    20% of all files (doc, xls, ppt, ...) are corrupted and can't be opened.
    It seems to be at random, I can't find any logical explanation why some files
    are or aren't corrupted.
    THX

  2. Re: help, files corrupted after restore

    Check your backup logs to make sure that there wasn't trouble backing up
    those files originally. If you cannot get to the logs files anymore I
    suspect that during the backup those files make have been in use and they
    weren't backuped properly.

    "HV" wrote in message news:3b9739d0$1@hronntp01....

    > Can someone help me with this one.
    > I'm using BE 8.5, W2Kserver(IBM raid 5).
    > Last weekend I had to restore all my data(files) on server. And now, about
    > 20% of all files (doc, xls, ppt, ...) are corrupted and can't be opened.
    > It seems to be at random, I can't find any logical explanation why some

    files
    > are or aren't corrupted.
    > THX

  3. Re: help, files corrupted after restore

    None of this files were in use, because the back-up ran during the night.
    I checked the backup logs and they reported no errors. I tried to restore
    from previous backups and the same files were corrupted on all my backups.
    Any other suggestions pls.

    thx for reaction.
    H.

    "JDSAL" wrote:
    >Check your backup logs to make sure that there wasn't trouble backing up
    >those files originally. If you cannot get to the logs files anymore I
    >suspect that during the backup those files make have been in use and they
    >weren't backuped properly.
    >

    >"HV" wrote in message news:3b9739d0$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> Can someone help me with this one.
    >> I'm using BE 8.5, W2Kserver(IBM raid 5).
    >> Last weekend I had to restore all my data(files) on server. And now, about
    >> 20% of all files (doc, xls, ppt, ...) are corrupted and can't be opened.
    >> It seems to be at random, I can't find any logical explanation why some

    >files
    >> are or aren't corrupted.
    >> THX

+ Reply to Thread