Running SQL DBCC Problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Running SQL DBCC Problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Compaq Proliant 1500, NT 4, sp6a, dual P133, 128 MB RAM, Bent V 8, build 3316 (I trying to remember if this is the correct build number). Backing up and verify 5 SQL databases. MSDB, Model, Master and ...

  1. Running SQL DBCC Problem

    I have Compaq Proliant 1500, NT 4, sp6a, dual P133, 128 MB RAM, Bent V
    8, build 3316 (I trying to remember if this is the correct build
    number).
    Backing up and verify 5 SQL databases. MSDB, Model, Master and two user
    defined databases.
    Problem, everything works just fine up through dbcc of Master database.
    SQL Server log and Event Viewer both report:
    22:31:19.5 SPID DBCCTraceoff 3605, SPID -- (This is the end
    of dbcc on the master database...GP)
    04:57:55.26 SPID DBCCTRACEON 3605 SPID --(This is when it looks for
    space in the last database)

    As you can see there is close to 6.5 hours between the time that DBCC
    runs on the Master database and the time it starts on our production
    database.

    No other backup jobs are schedule or running. This just starting
    happening a short time ago. What could cause this delay?

    Thanks,
    Greg P.

  2. Re: Running SQL DBCC Problem

    Honestly, I just use SQL backup and use BE to backup the SQL backup
    directory. The sql backup system is quite robust and smart enough to avoid
    these issues.

    Just my opinion.

    "Gregory Peterson" wrote in message
    > I have Compaq Proliant 1500, NT 4, sp6a, dual P133, 128 MB RAM, Bent V
    > 8, build 3316 (I trying to remember if this is the correct build
    > number).
    > Backing up and verify 5 SQL databases. MSDB, Model, Master and two user
    > defined databases.
    > Problem, everything works just fine up through dbcc of Master database.
    > SQL Server log and Event Viewer both report:
    > 22:31:19.5 SPID DBCCTraceoff 3605, SPID -- (This is the end
    > of dbcc on the master database...GP)
    > 04:57:55.26 SPID DBCCTRACEON 3605 SPID --(This is when it looks for
    > space in the last database)
    >
    > As you can see there is close to 6.5 hours between the time that DBCC
    > runs on the Master database and the time it starts on our production
    > database.
    >
    > No other backup jobs are schedule or running. This just starting
    > happening a short time ago. What could cause this delay?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Greg P.

  3. Re: Running SQL DBCC Problem

    What do you do about DBCC?

    JDSAL wrote:

    > Honestly, I just use SQL backup and use BE to backup the SQL backup
    > directory. The sql backup system is quite robust and smart enough to avoid
    > these issues.
    >
    > Just my opinion.
    >
    > "Gregory Peterson" wrote in message
    > > I have Compaq Proliant 1500, NT 4, sp6a, dual P133, 128 MB RAM, Bent V
    > > 8, build 3316 (I trying to remember if this is the correct build
    > > number).
    > > Backing up and verify 5 SQL databases. MSDB, Model, Master and two user
    > > defined databases.
    > > Problem, everything works just fine up through dbcc of Master database.
    > > SQL Server log and Event Viewer both report:
    > > 22:31:19.5 SPID DBCCTraceoff 3605, SPID -- (This is the end
    > > of dbcc on the master database...GP)
    > > 04:57:55.26 SPID DBCCTRACEON 3605 SPID --(This is when it looks for
    > > space in the last database)
    > >
    > > As you can see there is close to 6.5 hours between the time that DBCC
    > > runs on the Master database and the time it starts on our production
    > > database.
    > >
    > > No other backup jobs are schedule or running. This just starting
    > > happening a short time ago. What could cause this delay?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Greg P.

+ Reply to Thread