Different viersion - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Different viersion - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to download the patch for my backup exec 8.6 revision 3808 but i'm bit confused by version number. What's rc5 or rc mean after the version number?...

  1. Different viersion

    I'm trying to download the patch for my backup exec 8.6 revision 3808 but
    i'm bit confused by version number. What's rc5 or rc mean after the version
    number?

  2. Re: Different viersion

    From Veritas Support:

    "8.5 rev 3808 RC5 is a DIFFERENT release (not later) of 3808, but
    considered to be more stable."

    "news.mo.verio.net" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to download the patch for my backup exec 8.6 revision 3808 but
    > i'm bit confused by version number. What's rc5 or rc mean after the

    version
    > number?

+ Reply to Thread