Exclude directories feature - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exclude directories feature - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've read the previous posts - has anyone been able to get the exclude working with wildcards in any version of BE ( im using 7.3 )? Is it functional in newer versions? Want to exclude Temporary Internet Files directory ...

  1. Exclude directories feature

    I've read the previous posts - has anyone been able to get the exclude working
    with wildcards in any version of BE ( im using 7.3 )? Is it functional in
    newer versions? Want to exclude Temporary Internet Files directory for 3000
    users, it's 1/2 of my total backup. I've tried everything from previous posts,
    no luck.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Exclude directories feature

    \\*\*\windows\Temporary Internet Files (For Win9x)
    or
    \\*\*\winnt\Temporary Internet Files (For NT/2000)
    in the path and *.* in the files box and with "include sub-folders" checked
    ought to work.

    Similar constructs did for me on v7.3.2575

    "Remis" wrote:

    >I've read the previous posts - has anyone been able to get the exclude working
    >with wildcards in any version of BE ( im using 7.3 )? Is it functional in
    >newer versions? Want to exclude Temporary Internet Files directory for 3000
    >users, it's 1/2 of my total backup. I've tried everything from previous

    posts,
    >no luck.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

  3. Re: Exclude directories feature

    Ken,

    The path is actually longer:

    \\Server\Drive$\Home\Username\My Settings\Windows\Temp Internet Files

    I tried:
    \\*\*\*\*\My Settings\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\

    Is there some limitation on the number of wildcards, if so what are they?

    "Remis" wrote:

    >I've read the previous posts - has anyone been able to get the exclude working
    >with wildcards in any version of BE ( im using 7.3 )? Is it functional in
    >newer versions? Want to exclude Temporary Internet Files directory for 3000
    >users, it's 1/2 of my total backup. I've tried everything from previous

    posts,
    >no luck.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

  4. Re: Exclude directories feature

    Not that I know of, but I do know that you can't stick wild cards into a string

    ie \\*\*\Home\* won't work (at least when I was first using excludes
    it wouldn't, and I've just never tried lately.

    But that's theh only limittion I know of.

    "Remis" wrote:

    >Ken,
    >
    >The path is actually longer:
    >
    >\\Server\Drive$\Home\Username\My Settings\Windows\Temp Internet Files
    >
    >I tried:
    >\\*\*\*\*\My Settings\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
    >
    >Is there some limitation on the number of wildcards, if so what are they?
    >
    >"Remis" wrote:
    >>
    >>I've read the previous posts - has anyone been able to get the exclude

    working
    >>with wildcards in any version of BE ( im using 7.3 )? Is it functional

    in
    >>newer versions? Want to exclude Temporary Internet Files directory for

    3000
    >>users, it's 1/2 of my total backup. I've tried everything from previous

    >posts,
    >>no luck.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread