backup takes long - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backup takes long - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Backup Exec v7.3 and my issue is recently, backups have been running into the next day. Putting all backup jobs behind. I have several jobs running at different times nightly, so when I come in in the morning, ...

  1. backup takes long

    I have Backup Exec v7.3 and my issue is recently, backups have been running
    into the next day. Putting all backup jobs behind. I have several jobs
    running at different times nightly, so when I come in in the morning,
    several jobs are pending awaiting the other backup job to complete. What is
    the deal?

  2. Re: backup takes long

    Verify that the server NICs and switch ports are NOT using auto-negotiate.
    Hard set them to 100/Full or 100/half or whatever is appropritate for your
    network

    "Veron Payden" wrote:
    >I have Backup Exec v7.3 and my issue is recently, backups have been running
    >into the next day. Putting all backup jobs behind. I have several jobs
    >running at different times nightly, so when I come in in the morning,
    >several jobs are pending awaiting the other backup job to complete. What

    is
    >the deal?

+ Reply to Thread