Backup Remote Hosts - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Remote Hosts - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BE 8.5. When creating a backup job to backup resources on network hosts, I can't select remote 'System State' on regular W2K Pro Wkstations, and I can't select anything on remote W2K Servers (files and System State). Is ...

  1. Backup Remote Hosts

    I have BE 8.5. When creating a backup job to backup resources on network
    hosts, I can't select remote 'System State' on regular W2K Pro Wkstations,
    and I can't select anything on remote W2K Servers (files and System State).
    Is there an addon that I need?

    Thanks,
    MS

  2. Re: Backup Remote Hosts

    You need to install the Remote Agent to back up system state on remote machines.
    W2KPro is free, ServerOS (server,AS,DC etc) are for-pay add-ons and are required
    to backup anything on that remote box

    "Martin Schmid" wrote:
    >I have BE 8.5. When creating a backup job to backup resources on network
    >hosts, I can't select remote 'System State' on regular W2K Pro Wkstations,
    >and I can't select anything on remote W2K Servers (files and System State).
    >Is there an addon that I need?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >MS

+ Reply to Thread