Versions - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Versions - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ok, what does "rc6" or "rcwhatever" mean? I know what version of BackUp Exec I'm on but I don't know where to find the rc number. Thanks, Andy...

  1. Versions

    Ok, what does "rc6" or "rcwhatever" mean?
    I know what version of BackUp Exec I'm on but I don't know where to find
    the rc number.
    Thanks,
    Andy

  2. Re: Versions

    Couldn't tell you what the RC stands for in a veritas product. In Microsoft
    ternminology it stands for Release Candidate.

    AFAIK, the only way to tell if you are on an rc version of a build is to
    compare time stamps on the affected module(s)

    "Andy" wrote:

    >Ok, what does "rc6" or "rcwhatever" mean?
    >I know what version of BackUp Exec I'm on but I don't know where to find
    >the rc number.
    >Thanks,
    >Andy

+ Reply to Thread