Win 2000 remote agent slow - takes 50 seconds to display / select drives - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Win 2000 remote agent slow - takes 50 seconds to display / select drives - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Backup Exec 8.6 for Windows 2000 on a Windows 200 Advanced server box with remote Windows 2000 workstations. We do not have Active Directory, we have a workgroup and have all machines with the same administrator password. When ...

  1. Win 2000 remote agent slow - takes 50 seconds to display / select drives

    We have Backup Exec 8.6 for Windows 2000 on a Windows 200 Advanced server
    box with remote Windows 2000 workstations. We do not have Active Directory,
    we have a workgroup and have all machines with the same administrator password.

    When we bring up a list of machines in workgroup, this is quick, but then
    to select each of the machines, takes around 50 seconds per machine!

    How can we speed this up? Or is this "normal". We do also have Netware
    5.1 servers, and the workstations have latest Novell client, and we have
    set the Windows protocol to be first.

    If I click on network neighbourhood, and a workstation, it immediately returns
    the local drives.

    Thanks for any suggestions

    Gordon

  2. Re: Win 2000 remote agent slow - takes 50 seconds to display / select drives

    I would like to know this too!! It takes about the same for us with the
    same setup.

    Wes

    "Gordon Wilkie" wrote in message

    > We have Backup Exec 8.6 for Windows 2000 on a Windows 200 Advanced server
    > box with remote Windows 2000 workstations. We do not have Active

    Directory,
    > we have a workgroup and have all machines with the same administrator

    password.

    > When we bring up a list of machines in workgroup, this is quick, but then
    > to select each of the machines, takes around 50 seconds per machine!
    >
    > How can we speed this up? Or is this "normal". We do also have Netware
    > 5.1 servers, and the workstations have latest Novell client, and we have
    > set the Windows protocol to be first.
    >
    > If I click on network neighbourhood, and a workstation, it immediately

    returns
    > the local drives.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions
    >
    > Gordon