Exabyte 220 & BENT 8.6?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exabyte 220 & BENT 8.6?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is anyone out there using an Exebyte 220 with BackupExec for NT 8.6? Never used a library system before and was wonding if anyone encountered any problems or anything that will make things easier to setup with this tape system. ...

  1. Exabyte 220 & BENT 8.6??

    Is anyone out there using an Exebyte 220 with BackupExec for NT 8.6?
    Never used a library system before and was wonding if anyone encountered
    any problems or anything that will make things easier to setup with this
    tape system.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Exabyte 220 & BENT 8.6??

    I've got a 215M and have had a few problems. Exabyte had some real serious
    issues with the 225M tapes for the Mammoth 2 drives. If I get them sorted
    out, it should be a great system, but we're still working on the bugs

    The library portion of it is great, it loads and unloads the tapes... that
    part works like a champ.

    Tom

    "Herb Steck" wrote in message
    > Is anyone out there using an Exebyte 220 with BackupExec for NT 8.6?
    > Never used a library system before and was wonding if anyone encountered
    > any problems or anything that will make things easier to setup with this
    > tape system.
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Exabyte 220 & BENT 8.6??

    Just installed a Exabyte 221L Plus with BENT 8.5. Not really sure how similar
    they are, but my system is working great. I didnt know they had a driver
    update with this specific drive covered so the librbary is running as an
    exabyte 480. Not sure if I should uninstall the library and re-install with
    the supported drivers or not? Any comments about that? Thansk in advance.

    Michael

    "Thomas Campbell" wrote:
    >I've got a 215M and have had a few problems. Exabyte had some real serious
    >issues with the 225M tapes for the Mammoth 2 drives. If I get them sorted
    >out, it should be a great system, but we're still working on the bugs
    >
    >The library portion of it is great, it loads and unloads the tapes... that
    >part works like a champ.
    >

    >Tom
    >
    >"Herb Steck" wrote in message
    >> Is anyone out there using an Exebyte 220 with BackupExec for NT 8.6?
    >> Never used a library system before and was wonding if anyone encountered
    >> any problems or anything that will make things easier to setup with this
    >> tape system.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

  4. Re: Exabyte 220 & BENT 8.6??

    We have a Exabyte 430 and have just a hard time getting fast backups.
    suppose to back 173 GB/hour native transfer rate and I am lucky to get
    600MB/hour. Backups take 14 hours to complete! I have an old DLT that gets
    faster transfer than this thing. Exabyte also had sold bad 225M tapes but
    never said anything about it you have to call them and ask for replacements.
    The bad ones will stretch and break and mess up the mammoth drive.

    I will never buy Exabyte product again!

    "Michael McGuire" <.nasa.gp.m.mcguire@larc.nasa.gov> wrote in message

    > Just installed a Exabyte 221L Plus with BENT 8.5. Not really sure how

    similar
    > they are, but my system is working great. I didnt know they had a driver
    > update with this specific drive covered so the librbary is running as an
    > exabyte 480. Not sure if I should uninstall the library and re-install

    with
    > the supported drivers or not? Any comments about that? Thansk in advance.
    >
    > Michael
    >

    > "Thomas Campbell" wrote:
    > >I've got a 215M and have had a few problems. Exabyte had some real

    serious
    > >issues with the 225M tapes for the Mammoth 2 drives. If I get them

    sorted
    > >out, it should be a great system, but we're still working on the bugs
    > >
    > >The library portion of it is great, it loads and unloads the tapes...

    that
    > >part works like a champ.
    > >

    > >Tom
    > >
    > >"Herb Steck" wrote in message
    > >> Is anyone out there using an Exebyte 220 with BackupExec for NT 8.6?
    > >> Never used a library system before and was wonding if anyone

    encountered
    > >> any problems or anything that will make things easier to setup with

    this
    > >> tape system.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread