Compaq SDLT 110/220 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Compaq SDLT 110/220 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Client is currently running Veritas Backup Exec version 8.0 build 3316 with all patches applied on a Compaq ML530 with Windows NT Servre w/SP6a applied. Client purchased Compaq SDLT 110/220 Tape drive and Veritas compatibility lists for this version does ...

  1. Compaq SDLT 110/220

    Client is currently running Veritas Backup Exec version 8.0 build 3316 with
    all patches applied on a Compaq ML530 with Windows NT Servre w/SP6a applied.
    Client purchased Compaq SDLT 110/220 Tape drive and
    Veritas compatibility lists for this version does not support this
    particular drive. I have
    downloaded and will be installing trial version of Veritas 8.6 over the
    weekend because
    this particular tape drive is listed on there compatibility list.

    My question is:
    1) Do i use the compaq driver for this particular tape drive or do I
    use Veritas driver.
    2) If I have to use Veritas driver, which tape drive do i pick.
    (The drivers.txt file for Veritas 8.6 does not list this particular tape
    drive.)

    Before I can recommend to my client to purchase an upgrade to version 8.6, I
    have to test succesfully, the tape backup operations. (When using Backup
    Exec 8.0 with Compaq driver, the server would reboot during backups.)

    With Version 8.5, I would get a Dr. Watson and the bengine service would
    stop.
    This version would also reboot the NT Server on its own too.

    I am currently backing up there server with NT Backup.....Which is
    successful.

  2. Re: Compaq SDLT 110/220

    I use a compaq 35/70 DLT and the driver that is loaded with BE is not the
    exact model (probably the same internals) as a quantum DLT. Never had a
    problem.
    You should probably look for a driver update from veritas.

    "newsgroup" wrote in message news:3b8ef685@hronntp01....
    > Client is currently running Veritas Backup Exec version 8.0 build 3316

    with
    > all patches applied on a Compaq ML530 with Windows NT Servre w/SP6a

    applied.
    > Client purchased Compaq SDLT 110/220 Tape drive and
    > Veritas compatibility lists for this version does not support this
    > particular drive. I have
    > downloaded and will be installing trial version of Veritas 8.6 over the
    > weekend because
    > this particular tape drive is listed on there compatibility list.
    >
    > My question is:
    > 1) Do i use the compaq driver for this particular tape drive or do I
    > use Veritas driver.
    > 2) If I have to use Veritas driver, which tape drive do i pick.
    > (The drivers.txt file for Veritas 8.6 does not list this particular tape
    > drive.)
    >
    > Before I can recommend to my client to purchase an upgrade to version 8.6,

    > have to test succesfully, the tape backup operations. (When using Backup
    > Exec 8.0 with Compaq driver, the server would reboot during backups.)
    >
    > With Version 8.5, I would get a Dr. Watson and the bengine service would
    > stop.
    > This version would also reboot the NT Server on its own too.
    >
    > I am currently backing up there server with NT Backup.....Which is
    > successful.

+ Reply to Thread