Replacing Server and backup exec onto new Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Replacing Server and backup exec onto new Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I currently have Seagate Backup Exec 7.3 on a Server and I would like to replace this Server and be able to move all my settings on the current Server onto the new Server. Can anyone tell me what files ...

  1. Replacing Server and backup exec onto new Server

    I currently have Seagate Backup Exec 7.3 on a Server and I would like to replace
    this Server and be able to move all my settings on the current Server onto
    the new Server. Can anyone tell me what files or folders need to be copied
    onto the new server without having to reconfigure all the settings and wihtout
    losing my previous backups.

    Thank You,
    RobertV

  2. Re: Replacing Server and backup exec onto new Server

    The files that you HAVE to have are

    PVL.MDB media set, userdefined shares, loader partitions
    JOBS7.DAT job definitions
    SCRIPTS.UNI Select lists
    *.U01 Catalog files

    The easist thing to do is just copy the entire install directory to the new
    machine, and then install on top. That way you carry forward everything
    including all job logs and catalogs

    Robert V." wrote:

    >I currently have Seagate Backup Exec 7.3 on a Server and I would like to

    replace
    >this Server and be able to move all my settings on the current Server onto
    >the new Server. Can anyone tell me what files or folders need to be copied
    >onto the new server without having to reconfigure all the settings and wihtout
    >losing my previous backups.
    >
    >Thank You,
    >RobertV

+ Reply to Thread