Can't install Remote Agent on 2. Win2K DC - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't install Remote Agent on 2. Win2K DC - Veritas Backup Exec ; Sorry, wrong e-mail address in first posting. I have 2 Windows 2000 Advanced Servers running as DC, the first one is the Backup Server with BackupExec 8.5. I now want to use the Backup Exec Remote Agent to save the ...

  1. Can't install Remote Agent on 2. Win2K DC

    Sorry, wrong e-mail address in first posting.

    I have 2 Windows 2000 Advanced Servers running as DC, the first one is
    the Backup Server with BackupExec 8.5. I now want to use the Backup Exec

    Remote Agent to save the second domaincontroller. Both domaincontrollers

    reside in the same domain. I could not manage to install the Agent on
    the second DC as setup allway's tells me, that i'm using either a wrong
    username, password or am allready logged on with another account, as
    soon as i enter the requested useraccount and password with
    administrative rights. What am i doing wrong? I tried to install it
    exactly as described in the Manual. I've tried every account with
    adminstrative rights, but no go. The Servers run in mixed mode.

    Any help?

  2. Re: Can't install Remote Agent on 2. Win2K DC

    You can also get this message if any other resources are mapped to the remote
    server.

    Try logging in as teh BETN service Account when you push the agent.

    If that doesn't work, you can always take the install media to the remote
    server and drill down to (from memory here) ..\install\eng\i386\ntaa and
    run setupaa.cmd locally on the remote server.

    "R. Hungerbuehler" wrote:
    >Sorry, wrong e-mail address in first posting.
    >

    >I have 2 Windows 2000 Advanced Servers running as DC, the first one is
    >the Backup Server with BackupExec 8.5. I now want to use the Backup Exec
    >
    >Remote Agent to save the second domaincontroller. Both domaincontrollers
    >
    >reside in the same domain. I could not manage to install the Agent on
    >the second DC as setup allway's tells me, that i'm using either a wrong
    >username, password or am allready logged on with another account, as
    >soon as i enter the requested useraccount and password with
    >administrative rights. What am i doing wrong? I tried to install it
    >exactly as described in the Manual. I've tried every account with
    >adminstrative rights, but no go. The Servers run in mixed mode.
    >
    >Any help?

+ Reply to Thread