Cannot back up SQL2000 files. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot back up SQL2000 files. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there any reason why I cannot backup SQL2000 files when using 8.5. Backupexec? Thanks-...

  1. Cannot back up SQL2000 files.

    Is there any reason why I cannot backup SQL2000 files when using 8.5. Backupexec?
    Thanks-

  2. Re: Cannot back up SQL2000 files.

    Did you purchase v8.5, or upgrade from v8 via the download?

    The free download only includes support for Exchange 5.5 and SQL 7. To support
    the 2000 flavors requires the (purchased) v85. agent.

    If you did purchase the approptiate agent, did yo install the SQL MMC snap-in
    on the BENT box?

    "Roy" wrote:

    >Is there any reason why I cannot backup SQL2000 files when using 8.5. Backupexec?
    > Thanks-

+ Reply to Thread