Virus scan & extracting cab file error (Version 8.0) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Virus scan & extracting cab file error (Version 8.0) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Need help with extracting x420010831u3.cab. I followed Veritas instruction and move to the appropriate folder then run extractcab /y /e command, but ran into an error when I try to delete the existing scan.dat file in the NT folder. Both ...

  1. Virus scan & extracting cab file error (Version 8.0)

    Need help with extracting x420010831u3.cab.

    I followed Veritas instruction and move to the appropriate folder then run
    extractcab /y /e command, but ran into an error when I try to delete the
    existing scan.dat file in the NT folder.

    Both cleans.dat & names.dat files extracted fine to the \\Veritas\Backup
    Exec\NT, but scan.dat is a no go.

    When I to remove the existing scan.dat file, then extract the new files in
    its place I get the error below. (I have shut down Veritas Backup Exec program
    and check the Services)

    Error moving file to folder
    Can not move scan: There has been a sharing violation
    The source or destination file maybe in use.

  2. Re: Virus scan & extracting cab file error (Version 8.0)

    Still have the job status failed, but no error massage in Alert. On going
    error since the last virus definition update…Need Help!

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread