Grey boxes for Servers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Grey boxes for Servers - Veritas Backup Exec ; To all, I am trying to backup my servers with Backup Exec 8.6 but when I go to the server list all my Servers (Windows 2000 and Windows NT) have grey boxes. I can backup up the Windows 2000 Professional ...

  1. Grey boxes for Servers

    To all,

    I am trying to backup my servers with Backup Exec 8.6 but when I go to
    the server list all my Servers (Windows 2000 and Windows NT) have grey
    boxes. I can backup up the Windows 2000 Professional machines though. Backup
    Exec 8.6 is installed on a Window 2000 Server. Thanks in advance for the
    help.

    Darin Wimbrough

  2. Re: Grey boxes for Servers

    You need to purchase and install a copy of the Remote Agent on all remote
    ServerOS machines. Workstation/pro machines are free.

    "Darin Wimbrough" wrote:
    >To all,
    >
    > I am trying to backup my servers with Backup Exec 8.6 but when I go

    >the server list all my Servers (Windows 2000 and Windows NT) have grey
    >boxes. I can backup up the Windows 2000 Professional machines though. Backup
    >Exec 8.6 is installed on a Window 2000 Server. Thanks in advance for the
    >help.
    >
    >Darin Wimbrough

+ Reply to Thread