“The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one or more set created during this operation.” - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on “The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one or more set created during this operation.” - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an NT server with a Digital TZ885 (5 slot DLT autoloader) running BENT 7.2 rev 1025. It backs up 80Gb of data spanning 3 DLT tapes on a daily basis. Recently however, once it has finished the second ...

  1. “The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one or more set created during this operation.”

    I have an NT server with a Digital TZ885 (5 slot DLT autoloader) running BENT
    7.2 rev 1025. It backs up 80Gb of data spanning 3 DLT tapes on a daily basis.
    Recently however, once it has finished the second tape, instead of proceeding
    to the third tape it will try and overwrite one of the freshly written ones.
    It sometimes starts the backup on tape 2 or 3 instead of tape 1. All tapes
    are inventoried and the slots are “blue” before the backup starts. I’ve tried
    re-labelling all 3 tapes to get rid of any overwrite protection but with
    no success.
    Any help most welcome..

  2. Re: "The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one or more set created during this operation."

    I thought I had seen a hot fix for this on the veritas sight. Don't remember
    for sure.
    Secondly, I believe you do need overwrite protection set to something, or it
    will go back to one of the first tapes. I had this problem, and set
    overwrite protection to 1 day. It would then procede to the second tape.

    CW

    "Jon" wrote in message

    > I have an NT server with a Digital TZ885 (5 slot DLT autoloader) running

    BENT
    > 7.2 rev 1025. It backs up 80Gb of data spanning 3 DLT tapes on a daily

    basis.
    > Recently however, once it has finished the second tape, instead of

    proceeding
    > to the third tape it will try and overwrite one of the freshly written

    ones.
    > It sometimes starts the backup on tape 2 or 3 instead of tape 1. All

    tapes
    > are inventoried and the slots are "blue" before the backup starts. I've

    tried
    > re-labelling all 3 tapes to get rid of any overwrite protection but with
    > no success.
    > Any help most welcome..

+ Reply to Thread