veritas will not use new tape???? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on veritas will not use new tape???? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a problem with veritas backup exec 8.5 I am using a quantum tape drive the tape worked fine until the first tape was full where upon veritas asked me to insert overwrightable media into the drive. now it ...

  1. veritas will not use new tape????

    I have a problem with veritas backup exec 8.5 I am using a quantum tape
    drive the tape worked fine until the first tape was full where upon veritas
    asked me to insert overwrightable media into the drive. now it will net
    recognize any new tape I put in. As far as I am aware I haven't altered
    anything with the program. Am I just being stupid or is it a problem with
    veritas.

    can anyone help???

    Regards

    Keith

  2. Re: veritas will not use new tape????

    So, your unable to inventory any new tapes?

    "nt admin" wrote in message
    > I have a problem with veritas backup exec 8.5 I am using a quantum tape
    > drive the tape worked fine until the first tape was full where upon

    veritas
    > asked me to insert overwrightable media into the drive. now it will net
    > recognize any new tape I put in. As far as I am aware I haven't altered
    > anything with the program. Am I just being stupid or is it a problem with
    > veritas.
    >
    > can anyone help???
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Keith