Move out Media from Autoloader - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Move out Media from Autoloader - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, we have a Tape-Library ATL7100. There a 100 Slots for the Tapes and 4 Slots for moving out the Media from the "Jukebox". How can i move a Media from a normal Slot in these "Output-Slot" to archive the ...

  1. Move out Media from Autoloader

    Hi,

    we have a Tape-Library ATL7100. There a 100 Slots for the
    Tapes and 4 Slots for moving out the Media from the "Jukebox". How can i
    move a Media from a normal Slot in these "Output-Slot" to archive the Media
    for example in a Safe. In BX Ver. 8.6
    i can see the normal Slots but not the other.

    Greetings

    Harald

  2. Re: Move out Media from Autoloader

    Here is an excerpt from the Admin Guide.
    Backup Exec fully supports robotic libraries with portals. In the Devices
    tab, you can see all the slots available in the robotic library. The Import
    and Export utility functions introduce and remove media from a device. You
    can select any number of slots to import/export.

    When you use the Export utility on one or more robotic library slots, Backup
    Exec will place the exported media in the portals. If you select more media
    than there are portals, the robotic library will fill as many slots as
    possible, then Backup Exec will prompt you to remove the media from the
    portal. This process will continue until all of the selected media has been
    removed from the robotic library.

    When you use the Import utility, Backup Exec will check the slots you
    highlighted to see if they contain media. If media is present, it will be
    exported from the portal(s). After all the media has been exported, you will
    be prompted to insert the media into the portal so it can be imported. This
    process will continue until all of the requested media has been imported
    into the robotic library.

    Eric Harless

    "Harald" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > we have a Tape-Library ATL7100. There a 100 Slots for the
    > Tapes and 4 Slots for moving out the Media from the "Jukebox". How can i
    > move a Media from a normal Slot in these "Output-Slot" to archive the

    Media
    > for example in a Safe. In BX Ver. 8.6
    > i can see the normal Slots but not the other.
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Harald

+ Reply to Thread