ADIC Scalar224 not detected by Backup Exec v8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on ADIC Scalar224 not detected by Backup Exec v8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are trying to configure our new backup server that is on Windows 2000 Advance Server running Backup Exec v8.6 to detect both of our ADIC Scalar 224 Libraries. We currently have both Scalar 224 daisied chained. One of the ...

  1. ADIC Scalar224 not detected by Backup Exec v8.6

    We are trying to configure our new backup server that is on Windows 2000 Advance
    Server running Backup Exec v8.6 to detect both of our ADIC Scalar 224 Libraries.

    We currently have both Scalar 224 daisied chained. One of the Scalar 224s
    has one DLT tape drive and the other has 2 DLT Tape Drives.

    Veritas sees both Scalar 224 library units. One unit is good to go and I
    can do an inventory of tapes and backups. The other Scalar library units
    it reads as off-line. Then the two DLT drives that are in that library show
    up as separate tape drives.

    If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: ADIC Scalar224 not detected by Backup Exec v8.6

    Kris,
    I'm curious, did you purchase 2 Library expansion options to enable the
    second library? Backup Exec supports 1 Single Drive Library out of the box,
    but requires additional licesing to support additional autoloaders or
    mutliple drives in an autoloader.

    Regards,

    Eric Harless

    "Kris Lara" wrote in message

    > We are trying to configure our new backup server that is on Windows 2000

    Advance
    > Server running Backup Exec v8.6 to detect both of our ADIC Scalar 224

    Libraries.

    > We currently have both Scalar 224 daisied chained. One of the Scalar 224s
    > has one DLT tape drive and the other has 2 DLT Tape Drives.
    >
    > Veritas sees both Scalar 224 library units. One unit is good to go and I
    > can do an inventory of tapes and backups. The other Scalar library units
    > it reads as off-line. Then the two DLT drives that are in that library

    show
    > up as separate tape drives.
    >
    > If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread