Error: Insufficient Resources exist to initialize OFO - HELP! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error: Insufficient Resources exist to initialize OFO - HELP! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am getting this message intermittently on our nightly backups on a W2K SP2 Server. OFO: Insufficient Resources exist to initalize OFO OFO: Initialization Failure on: "F:" When this happens it does successfully do an OFO backup of C: but ...

  1. Error: Insufficient Resources exist to initialize OFO - HELP!

    I am getting this message intermittently on our nightly backups on a W2K SP2
    Server.

    OFO: Insufficient Resources exist to initalize OFO
    OFO: Initialization Failure on: "F:"

    When this happens it does successfully do an OFO backup of C: but for some
    reason it is getting it on F:

    The F: Drive is 36GB but currently has 30GB free. I've checked and there
    is plenty of RAM available at the time of backup (around 350MB free).

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Error: Insufficient Resources exist to initialize OFO - HELP!

    Hate to post a "Me too" but I was just about to ask this. We're getting it
    on a few servers as well...and memory isn't an issue on them.

    "Manny Sabatel" wrote:
    >I am getting this message intermittently on our nightly backups on a W2K

    SP2
    >Server.
    >
    >OFO: Insufficient Resources exist to initalize OFO
    >OFO: Initialization Failure on: "F:"
    >
    >When this happens it does successfully do an OFO backup of C: but for some
    >reason it is getting it on F:
    >
    >The F: Drive is 36GB but currently has 30GB free. I've checked and there
    >is plenty of RAM available at the time of backup (around 350MB free).
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Error: Insufficient Resources exist to initialize OFO - HELP!

    I did this way.Deselect auto calculation on OFO wizard and use your
    calculated temp file size,Don't let autocal do it!!! (Calculation method
    refer to technote that I can't remember exact url).
    Wisanu

    "NetJunkie" wrote in message

    > Hate to post a "Me too" but I was just about to ask this. We're getting

    it
    > on a few servers as well...and memory isn't an issue on them.
    >
    > "Manny Sabatel" wrote:
    > >I am getting this message intermittently on our nightly backups on a W2K

    > SP2
    > >Server.
    > >
    > >OFO: Insufficient Resources exist to initalize OFO
    > >OFO: Initialization Failure on: "F:"
    > >
    > >When this happens it does successfully do an OFO backup of C: but for

    some
    > >reason it is getting it on F:
    > >
    > >The F: Drive is 36GB but currently has 30GB free. I've checked and there
    > >is plenty of RAM available at the time of backup (around 350MB free).
    > >
    > >Any ideas?
    > >
    > >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread