BE Restore selections..Renaming - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE Restore selections..Renaming - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been using BE for quite a while now, and have noticed a few errors in the restore selection names under media view, Is there any way to rename them at all? Regards, Russ...

  1. BE Restore selections..Renaming

    I have been using BE for quite a while now, and have noticed a few errors in
    the restore selection names under media view, Is there any way to rename
    them at all?

    Regards, Russ

  2. Re: BE Restore selections..Renaming

    What do you mean by "errors in the restore selection names"?

    That the media name isn't what you expect it to be? How is it wrong?

    "Russ" wrote:
    >I have been using BE for quite a while now, and have noticed a few errors

    in
    >the restore selection names under media view, Is there any way to rename
    >them at all?
    >
    >Regards, Russ

  3. Re: BE Restore selections..Renaming

    Well there are a couple of problems, one is when using the %d token the date
    format seems to ramdonly alternate between english and american format. also
    due to the fact we are running allot of backups with several people trying
    to keep the selection names tied to the physical tape labels there have been
    a few human errors, which leed to confusion when another person is asked to
    restore files.

    I see that the Catalog file "BEtopcat.IDX" is infact a jet database
    file..would altering the media names in there work? or should i not go down
    that line?

    Regards Russ

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > What do you mean by "errors in the restore selection names"?
    >
    > That the media name isn't what you expect it to be? How is it wrong?
    >
    > "Russ" wrote:
    > >I have been using BE for quite a while now, and have noticed a few errors

    > in
    > >the restore selection names under media view, Is there any way to rename
    > >them at all?
    > >
    > >Regards, Russ

  4. Re: BE Restore selections..Renaming

    You can try it.

    If it craps out too badly, you can alway Stop BENT, delete it and let BENT
    recreate it on start up.

    Russ wrote:

    > Well there are a couple of problems, one is when using the %d token the date
    > format seems to ramdonly alternate between english and american format. also
    > due to the fact we are running allot of backups with several people trying
    > to keep the selection names tied to the physical tape labels there have been
    > a few human errors, which leed to confusion when another person is asked to
    > restore files.
    >
    > I see that the Catalog file "BEtopcat.IDX" is infact a jet database
    > file..would altering the media names in there work? or should i not go down
    > that line?
    >
    > Regards Russ
    >
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > >
    > > What do you mean by "errors in the restore selection names"?
    > >
    > > That the media name isn't what you expect it to be? How is it wrong?
    > >
    > > "Russ" wrote:
    > > >I have been using BE for quite a while now, and have noticed a few errors

    > > in
    > > >the restore selection names under media view, Is there any way to rename
    > > >them at all?
    > > >
    > > >Regards, Russ

+ Reply to Thread