can a DAT be at the remote location - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on can a DAT be at the remote location - Veritas Backup Exec ; Here's the scenerio: We have two different places where our servers and puters are located. One is at a server farm, and the rest are at an office building. I have copy of Veritas single-server backupexec v7.3. I understand that ...

  1. can a DAT be at the remote location

    Here's the scenerio:

    We have two different places where our servers and puters are located. One
    is at a server farm, and the rest are at an office building.

    I have copy of Veritas single-server backupexec v7.3. I understand that I
    can only backup one server with this software, however the server I want to
    back up is at the server farm, and not available to me everyday.

    What I want to know is, can I install the program on two different machines
    and have the tape drive be used by both? (They are both servers)...that way
    I have access everyday to switch the tapes out.

    Thank you for your time.

  2. Re: can a DAT be at the remote location

    Nope.

    BENT must be installed on the computer that "owns" the tape drive that you
    want to use.

    You'll need to train someone to swap tapes everyday for you, but shoould
    be able to do everything else with Remote Admin.

    "n3x10n" wrote:
    >Here's the scenerio:
    >
    >We have two different places where our servers and puters are located.

    One
    >is at a server farm, and the rest are at an office building.
    >
    >I have copy of Veritas single-server backupexec v7.3. I understand that

    >can only backup one server with this software, however the server I want

    >back up is at the server farm, and not available to me everyday.
    >
    >What I want to know is, can I install the program on two different machines
    >and have the tape drive be used by both? (They are both servers)...that

    way
    >I have access everyday to switch the tapes out.
    >
    >Thank you for your time.

+ Reply to Thread