Remote exchange restore? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote exchange restore? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello all, i am doing some disaster recovery testing to ensure my backups work. Here is what I have: A complete backup of my exchange server. A box I put together to restore it to. Restore the OS > few ...

  1. Remote exchange restore?

    Hello all,

    i am doing some disaster recovery testing to ensure my backups work.

    Here is what I have:

    A complete backup of my exchange server. A box I put together to restore it
    to.

    Restore the OS > few configuration problems, but I work them out and it is
    fine....OS boots...system attendant starts.

    The box I built for testing does not have a tape drive, so I attempt to
    restore the Exchange Directory and Store from another machine.....the
    machine they are restoring to has the same site, org, machine name
    etc.....it says cannot connect to \\server\microsoft exchange directory.

    Do I need to thave the remote backup agent installed? If so do I install it
    on the machine that is being restored, or the one with the tape drive? What
    else can I be doing wrong?

    Thanks
    AM

  2. Re: Remote exchange restore?

    "am" wrote:
    >Hello all,
    >
    >i am doing some disaster recovery testing to ensure my backups work.
    >
    > Here is what I have:
    >
    >A complete backup of my exchange server. A box I put together to restore

    it
    >to.
    >
    > Restore the OS > few configuration problems, but I work them out and it

    is
    >fine....OS boots...system attendant starts.
    >
    >The box I built for testing does not have a tape drive, so I attempt to
    >restore the Exchange Directory and Store from another machine.....the
    >machine they are restoring to has the same site, org, machine name
    >etc.....it says cannot connect to \\server\microsoft exchange directory.
    >
    >Do I need to thave the remote backup agent installed? If so do I install

    it
    >on the machine that is being restored, or the one with the tape drive?

    What
    >else can I be doing wrong?
    >
    >Thanks
    >AM

    Can anyone help me here?

  3. Re: Remote exchange restore?

    Have you granted the BackupExc Service Account all required rights in the new
    Exchange system?

    am wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > i am doing some disaster recovery testing to ensure my backups work.
    >
    > Here is what I have:
    >
    > A complete backup of my exchange server. A box I put together to restore it
    > to.
    >
    > Restore the OS > few configuration problems, but I work them out and it is
    > fine....OS boots...system attendant starts.
    >
    > The box I built for testing does not have a tape drive, so I attempt to
    > restore the Exchange Directory and Store from another machine.....the
    > machine they are restoring to has the same site, org, machine name
    > etc.....it says cannot connect to \\server\microsoft exchange directory.
    >
    > Do I need to thave the remote backup agent installed? If so do I install it
    > on the machine that is being restored, or the one with the tape drive? What
    > else can I be doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks
    > AM

+ Reply to Thread