I am getting poor transfer rates when restoring to a local drive. The transfer
rate hovers around 280mb/min until approximately 500 mb are restored then
the rate starts to drop and eventually stabilizes at around 100 mb/min. I
am using BU Exec v8.5 Build 3571. I have a ADIC Scalar 218 DLT library direct
connected to a Dell PowerEdge 6350 with and integrated Adaptec 7890 SCSI
controller. The drives that I'm restoring to locally are in a RAID 5 set.
I've tried several different tapes without any better result, the transfer
rate still drops out.

Any suggestions?