Backing up multiple servers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up multiple servers - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, this is probably an easy question to answer but as I have never used backup exec before, its a bit difficult for me. I have three NT servers on site, with one being loaded and running backup exec. How ...

  1. Backing up multiple servers

    Hi,

    this is probably an easy question to answer but as I have never used backup
    exec before, its a bit difficult for me.

    I have three NT servers on site, with one being loaded and running backup
    exec. How do I backup the other two servers? (i.e. within ArcServe there is
    an agent)

    Many thanks

    Rgds Ian

  2. Re: Backing up multiple servers

    For v8.x you must purchase and install a copy of the RemoteAgent on each remote
    ServerOS machine that you want to backup.

    "Ian Macey" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >this is probably an easy question to answer but as I have never used backup
    >exec before, its a bit difficult for me.
    >
    >I have three NT servers on site, with one being loaded and running backup
    >exec. How do I backup the other two servers? (i.e. within ArcServe there

    is
    >an agent)
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Rgds Ian