Can I copy my backup configuration somehow? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can I copy my backup configuration somehow? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there anyway I can copy my current backup configuration so that I can reinstall my server and restore the backup configuration without going through the steps to make a new one? /Allan...

  1. Can I copy my backup configuration somehow?

    Is there anyway I can copy my current backup configuration so that I can
    reinstall my server and restore the backup configuration without going
    through the steps to make a new one?

    /Allan

  2. Re: Can I copy my backup configuration somehow?

    Save your Datalogs and Data Folders. Also, the pvl.mdb database in your root
    application directory contains all the job configuration information.
    Someone correct me if I missed something.
    "Linus" wrote in message news:3b6a6856@hronntp01....
    > Is there anyway I can copy my current backup configuration so that I can
    > reinstall my server and restore the backup configuration without going
    > through the steps to make a new one?
    >
    > /Allan

  3. Re: Can I copy my backup configuration somehow?

    Easiest thing is to just copy the entire install directory (minus the \catalogs
    sub dir, if you wnat) The job definitions are kep in the Jobs.dat file in
    the ..\BackupExec\Nt directory

    "Randy Weis" wrote:
    >Save your Datalogs and Data Folders. Also, the pvl.mdb database in your

    root
    >application directory contains all the job configuration information.
    >Someone correct me if I missed something.
    >"Linus" wrote in message news:3b6a6856@hronntp01....
    >> Is there anyway I can copy my current backup configuration so that I can
    >> reinstall my server and restore the backup configuration without going
    >> through the steps to make a new one?
    >>
    >> /Allan

+ Reply to Thread