Cleaning Tape? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cleaning Tape? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Iam using BENT 8.5, build 3572 on a HP DLT Tape drive with DLT 4 Tapes. One of my data Tape will be recongnised as Cleaning Tape all the time and the Drive will never mount that Tape. I ...

  1. Cleaning Tape?

    Hi,

    Iam using BENT 8.5, build 3572 on a HP DLT Tape drive with DLT 4 Tapes.

    One of my data Tape will be recongnised as Cleaning Tape all the time and
    the Drive will never mount that Tape. I tried re-inventory and labeling media
    but still it recognises as a cleaning media. Iam sure the tape is good.

    Could any faced this before? I appreciate your sugestions.

    Thanks in advance
    Ram

  2. Re: Cleaning Tape?

    If this is a library, perhaps the slot is labeld a Cleaning Slot. If not, do
    a Long Erase. This will wipe data, not just the header, from the tape.
    "Ram" wrote in message news:3b6a1248$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi,
    >
    > Iam using BENT 8.5, build 3572 on a HP DLT Tape drive with DLT 4 Tapes.
    >
    > One of my data Tape will be recongnised as Cleaning Tape all the time and
    > the Drive will never mount that Tape. I tried re-inventory and labeling

    media
    > but still it recognises as a cleaning media. Iam sure the tape is good.
    >
    > Could any faced this before? I appreciate your sugestions.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Ram

  3. Re: Cleaning Tape?

    Go to all media. You will see the tape twice. Once as cleaning media. Delete
    this one. Go to slots. There will be no entry what so ever for this tape.
    Then try scan, inventory or label media.

+ Reply to Thread