Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a huge restore problem can you help me? All the catalogs are gone after our scsi disk went offline. I'm almost shure that I have backups in my 5 tapes? Please help. Urgent!!...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!!

  1. Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!!


    I have a huge restore problem can you help me? All the catalogs are gone after
    our scsi disk went offline. I'm almost shure that I have backups in my 5
    tapes? Please help. Urgent!!

  2. Re: Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!!


    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm

    "Jorge Barros" wrote:
    >
    >I have a huge restore problem can you help me? All the catalogs are gone

    after
    >our scsi disk went offline. I'm almost shure that I have backups in my 5
    >tapes? Please help. Urgent!!



  3. Re: Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!!


    I had already renamed that file, stoped and restarted all services. Nothing.

    But I suspect of one thing. Please tell me I am wrong:

    I have 5 Backup Jobs
    Job 1 starts at 1 am no overwrite
    Job 2 starts at 3 am no overwrite
    Job 3 starts at 4 am no overwrite
    Job 4 starts at 5 am no overwrite
    Job 5 starts at 6 am yes overwrite

    did job 5 overwrite the other jobs?
    even if I had no problems with the disk, is that why I can only see job 5
    to restore?

    i have cataloged all the tapes and i can only see job 5, but yesterday in
    the job history i saw all the jobs 100% successeful.

    job 5 is about 25 MB. Is it possible to "see" what the tape has in it?

    I'm running BENT 7.3

    please help

    Jorge Barros
    Portugal


    "Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm
    >
    >"Jorge Barros" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have a huge restore problem can you help me? All the catalogs are gone

    >after
    >>our scsi disk went offline. I'm almost shure that I have backups in my

    5
    >>tapes? Please help. Urgent!!

    >



  4. Re: Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!!


    If you hve overwrite protection set to none, then yes indeed, that last job
    may have overwrittent the first ones. (One of the reasons that I can't see
    why anyone would select that option)

    If that is the case, then you're SOL for the first job's data.

    To see what is on the tape, look in the restore selections pane, and drill
    down in that volume.

    You can also try running and inventory followed by a catalog and see if that
    shows any data.

    "Jorge Barros" wrote:
    >
    >I had already renamed that file, stoped and restarted all services. Nothing.
    >
    >But I suspect of one thing. Please tell me I am wrong:
    >
    >I have 5 Backup Jobs
    >Job 1 starts at 1 am no overwrite
    >Job 2 starts at 3 am no overwrite
    >Job 3 starts at 4 am no overwrite
    >Job 4 starts at 5 am no overwrite
    >Job 5 starts at 6 am yes overwrite
    >
    >did job 5 overwrite the other jobs?
    >even if I had no problems with the disk, is that why I can only see job

    5
    >to restore?
    >
    >i have cataloged all the tapes and i can only see job 5, but yesterday in
    >the job history i saw all the jobs 100% successeful.
    >
    >job 5 is about 25 MB. Is it possible to "see" what the tape has in it?
    >
    >I'm running BENT 7.3
    >
    >please help
    >
    >Jorge Barros
    >Portugal
    >
    >
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>
    >>http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm
    >>
    >>"Jorge Barros" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I have a huge restore problem can you help me? All the catalogs are gone

    >>after
    >>>our scsi disk went offline. I'm almost shure that I have backups in my

    >5
    >>>tapes? Please help. Urgent!!

    >>

    >



  5. Re: Ken? Are you online? I need Help!!!


    It was a error of mine that yes.
    I run all the inventories on my five tapes. restore tab keeps showing only
    that job

    thanks anyway

    jorge barros

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >
    >If you hve overwrite protection set to none, then yes indeed, that last

    job
    >may have overwrittent the first ones. (One of the reasons that I can't

    see
    >why anyone would select that option)
    >
    >If that is the case, then you're SOL for the first job's data.
    >
    >To see what is on the tape, look in the restore selections pane, and drill
    >down in that volume.
    >
    >You can also try running and inventory followed by a catalog and see if

    that
    >shows any data.
    >
    >"Jorge Barros" wrote:
    >>
    >>I had already renamed that file, stoped and restarted all services. Nothing.
    >>
    >>But I suspect of one thing. Please tell me I am wrong:
    >>
    >>I have 5 Backup Jobs
    >>Job 1 starts at 1 am no overwrite
    >>Job 2 starts at 3 am no overwrite
    >>Job 3 starts at 4 am no overwrite
    >>Job 4 starts at 5 am no overwrite
    >>Job 5 starts at 6 am yes overwrite
    >>
    >>did job 5 overwrite the other jobs?
    >>even if I had no problems with the disk, is that why I can only see job

    >5
    >>to restore?
    >>
    >>i have cataloged all the tapes and i can only see job 5, but yesterday

    in
    >>the job history i saw all the jobs 100% successeful.
    >>
    >>job 5 is about 25 MB. Is it possible to "see" what the tape has in it?
    >>
    >>I'm running BENT 7.3
    >>
    >>please help
    >>
    >>Jorge Barros
    >>Portugal
    >>
    >>
    >>"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm
    >>>
    >>>"Jorge Barros" wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>I have a huge restore problem can you help me? All the catalogs are gone
    >>>after
    >>>>our scsi disk went offline. I'm almost shure that I have backups in my

    >>5
    >>>>tapes? Please help. Urgent!!
    >>>

    >>

    >



+ Reply to Thread