Error: You do not have read/write access to the remote machine. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error: You do not have read/write access to the remote machine. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have installed remote administrator for Backup Exec NT/2000. When attaching the backup server I get the message: You do not have read/write access to the remote machine. Can someone tell me what rights a user need to be a ...

  1. Error: You do not have read/write access to the remote machine.

    I have installed remote administrator for Backup Exec NT/2000. When attaching
    the backup server I get the message:

    You do not have read/write access to the remote machine.

    Can someone tell me what rights a user need to be a backup operator for Veritas
    BE?

  2. Re: Error: You do not have read/write access to the remote machine.

    Veritas has always recommended Admin rights for the BackupExec Service Account.

    "Ton Funcke" wrote:

    >I have installed remote administrator for Backup Exec NT/2000. When attaching
    >the backup server I get the message:
    >
    >You do not have read/write access to the remote machine.
    >
    >Can someone tell me what rights a user need to be a backup operator for

    Veritas
    >BE?

+ Reply to Thread