betopcat.idx listed as pcAnywhere Caller Index File - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on betopcat.idx listed as pcAnywhere Caller Index File - Veritas Backup Exec ; This may be nothing to worry about, but after restarting my NT 4.0(SP 6a) server, my restore selections tab was blank and all previous jobs in the Job History tab were gone too except for the upcoming backup job. I ...

  1. betopcat.idx listed as pcAnywhere Caller Index File

    This may be nothing to worry about, but after restarting my NT 4.0(SP 6a)
    server, my restore selections tab was blank and all previous jobs in the
    Job History tab were gone too except for the upcoming backup job. I checked
    the Veritas Knowledge Base and found TechNote ID 237155. I stopped all Backup
    Exec services, renamed the betopcat.idx file to betopcat.old, and then restarted
    the services. A new betopcat.idx file was created and my restore selections
    tab was back to normal. Job History was still the same, but I really don't
    care about that at this point. What did concern me was that in the Explorer
    window, the betopcat.idx file is listed as type "pcAnywhere Caller Index
    File". Is this something to be concerned with?

    Thanks,

    Barry

  2. Re: betopcat.idx listed as pcAnywhere Caller Index File

    You need to reassociate the file type, or simply remove the assocation. This
    is done through Explorer|View|Options.
    "Barry Swedeen" wrote in message

    > This may be nothing to worry about, but after restarting my NT 4.0(SP 6a)
    > server, my restore selections tab was blank and all previous jobs in the
    > Job History tab were gone too except for the upcoming backup job. I

    checked
    > the Veritas Knowledge Base and found TechNote ID 237155. I stopped all

    Backup
    > Exec services, renamed the betopcat.idx file to betopcat.old, and then

    restarted
    > the services. A new betopcat.idx file was created and my restore

    selections
    > tab was back to normal. Job History was still the same, but I really don't
    > care about that at this point. What did concern me was that in the

    Explorer
    > window, the betopcat.idx file is listed as type "pcAnywhere Caller Index
    > File". Is this something to be concerned with?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Barry

+ Reply to Thread