Unable to attach - The item was not found - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to attach - The item was not found - Veritas Backup Exec ; After upgrading from 8.5 to 8.6 I got the following message when trying to backup a SQL-server version 7: Unable to attach to DB_01. The item was not found. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Unable to attach to DB_01. ^ ...

  1. Unable to attach - The item was not found

    After upgrading from 8.5 to 8.6 I got the following message when trying to
    backup a SQL-server version 7:

    Unable to attach to DB_01.
    The item was not found.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to DB_01.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    I can select the databases from backup-selection, but when the job runns,
    it fails with this message.

    Any ide ?

    Max

  2. same problem.. with exchange db

    hi,
    i have got the same problem with one of my exchange databases.. (running
    8.5)

    any ideas ?

    "Max" wrote:

    >After upgrading from 8.5 to 8.6 I got the following message when trying

    >backup a SQL-server version 7:
    >
    >Unable to attach to DB_01.
    >The item was not found.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unable to attach to DB_01.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >I can select the databases from backup-selection, but when the job runns,
    >it fails with this message.
    >
    >Any ide ?
    >

    >Max

  3. Re: Unable to attach - The item was not found

    Max
    i have had this problem when i configure a job to backup a particular drive
    or share on any server. If you then remove that drive or share before removing
    it from the backup job, you get that error. I get it on my clusters when
    the drives fail across to the second node. Only fix i have found is to delete
    and re-create the backup job, ironically i was looking on Veritas support
    site just now to find a proper fix for it!

    hope that helps.
    :-)

    "Max" wrote:

    >After upgrading from 8.5 to 8.6 I got the following message when trying

    >backup a SQL-server version 7:
    >
    >Unable to attach to DB_01.
    >The item was not found.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unable to attach to DB_01.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >I can select the databases from backup-selection, but when the job runns,
    >it fails with this message.
    >
    >Any ide ?
    >

    >Max

+ Reply to Thread