Media Problem with DLT 4000 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Problem with DLT 4000 - Veritas Backup Exec ; ANyone know why when I put in a new tape it never updates to the name of the tape? I try refresh...stop and restart the serrvices and It never helps. Im affrais that when the back up go when scheduled ...

  1. Media Problem with DLT 4000

    ANyone know why when I put in a new tape it never updates to the name of the
    tape? I try refresh...stop and restart the serrvices and It never helps. Im
    affrais that when the back up go when scheduled its gonna come back with an
    "unrecognized media" error or something. Getting a 100% complete back up is
    near impossible around here.

  2. Re: Media Problem with DLT 4000

    When you swap tapes, do an inventory. From the devices tab, right click the
    drive and select inventory

    Lewie Jabro wrote:

    > ANyone know why when I put in a new tape it never updates to the name of the
    > tape? I try refresh...stop and restart the serrvices and It never helps. Im
    > affrais that when the back up go when scheduled its gonna come back with an
    > "unrecognized media" error or something. Getting a 100% complete back up is
    > near impossible around here.

+ Reply to Thread