Configuring the History Screen for Restores - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Configuring the History Screen for Restores - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm really very new to Backup Exec. Our current setup right now has us keeping three days of data and an Archive date for restore purposes. What I need to know is how to alter this to allow me to ...

  1. Configuring the History Screen for Restores

    I'm really very new to Backup Exec. Our current setup right now has us
    keeping three days of data and an Archive date for restore purposes. What
    I need to know is how to alter this to allow me to keep 9 days data there
    I can choose to restore from. I also need to know how to merge in tapes
    that are no longer listed in my restore options to get to the files that
    are on them. I haven't found the answer in the help files within Backup
    Exec yet so I thought I'd go to the guru's. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Configuring the History Screen for Restores

    Change the retention period for the media set that the tapes belong to to
    at least 9 days (Media tab, right click the media set/properties)

    You can also verify how long the catalogs are retained. From the GUI - Options/Catalog

    As for merging the tapes. After setting the above, insert a tape, inventory,
    then catalog. If these are full DLT IV tapes it will take a while to catalog
    each one.

    "Jon Slater" wrote:

    > I'm really very new to Backup Exec. Our current setup right now has

    us
    >keeping three days of data and an Archive date for restore purposes. What
    >I need to know is how to alter this to allow me to keep 9 days data there
    >I can choose to restore from. I also need to know how to merge in tapes
    >that are no longer listed in my restore options to get to the files that
    >are on them. I haven't found the answer in the help files within Backup
    >Exec yet so I thought I'd go to the guru's. Any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread