Restore SQL Server 7.0 Database - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore SQL Server 7.0 Database - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to restore a SQL 7.0 database using BE 8.5. I set the database to single-user mode and begin the restore. I recieve An error occurred on a query to database dbname. SQL Server returned the following error ...

  1. Restore SQL Server 7.0 Database

    I am trying to restore a SQL 7.0 database using BE 8.5. I set the database
    to single-user mode and begin the restore. I recieve An error occurred
    on a query to database dbname. SQL Server returned the following error message:
    Database in use. The system administrator must have exclusive use of the
    database to run the restore operation.

    I have tried setting up the database in single user mode by enterprise manager
    and using the stop SQLSERVER services and start SQLSERVER services with the
    /m option.

    Thank you

  2. Re: Restore SQL Server 7.0 Database

    Are you restoring a user database? Unless you are talking about one of the
    system databases like master or msdb, you do not need to be in single-user
    mode. However, there cannot be any connections to the database. From Query
    Analyzer, run sp_who2 to see how is connected.

    Alex

    "TDFriedrichs" wrote in message

    > I am trying to restore a SQL 7.0 database using BE 8.5. I set the

    database
    > to single-user mode and begin the restore. I recieve An error occurred
    > on a query to database dbname. SQL Server returned the following error

    message:
    > Database in use. The system administrator must have exclusive use of the
    > database to run the restore operation.
    >
    > I have tried setting up the database in single user mode by enterprise

    manager
    > and using the stop SQLSERVER services and start SQLSERVER services with

    the
    > /m option.

    > Thank you

+ Reply to Thread