BackupExec Rebooting PC - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupExec Rebooting PC - Veritas Backup Exec ; HI I am running Backup Exec Pro on a W2K workstation and am having a problem where about half way through the cycle the PC reboots. I am trying to backup a Snap server on a novell network. I try ...

  1. BackupExec Rebooting PC

    HI

    I am running Backup Exec Pro on a W2K workstation and am having a problem
    where about half way through the cycle the PC reboots. I am trying to backup
    a Snap server on a novell network. I try to backup my local drive and
    everything is OK so it seems to be something with the network. The version
    of Backup Exec Pro is 4.5. Has anyone else had similar problems with this
    config?

    Thanks

    Nick Steele

  2. Re: BackupExec Rebooting PC

    This is the forum for BackupExec for Windows NT/2000 Server.

    That being said, does BackupExec Pro permit backing up machines other than
    the one it is installed on? And if it does, doesn't it limit those backups
    to other Workstation/Pro Machines?

    AFAIK, SNAP servers identify as serverOS machines.

    "Nick Steele" wrote:
    >HI
    >
    >I am running Backup Exec Pro on a W2K workstation and am having a problem
    >where about half way through the cycle the PC reboots. I am trying to backup
    >a Snap server on a novell network. I try to backup my local drive and
    >everything is OK so it seems to be something with the network. The version
    >of Backup Exec Pro is 4.5. Has anyone else had similar problems with this
    >config?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Nick Steele

  3. Re: BackupExec Rebooting PC

    I'm sorry I'll redirect to the correct group. I've been able to do it in the
    past all I'm doing is backing up file system, not NDS or anything and the
    pro version allows me to connect to network drives.
    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > This is the forum for BackupExec for Windows NT/2000 Server.
    >
    > That being said, does BackupExec Pro permit backing up machines other than
    > the one it is installed on? And if it does, doesn't it limit those

    backups
    > to other Workstation/Pro Machines?
    >
    > AFAIK, SNAP servers identify as serverOS machines.
    >
    > "Nick Steele" wrote:
    > >HI
    > >
    > >I am running Backup Exec Pro on a W2K workstation and am having a problem
    > >where about half way through the cycle the PC reboots. I am trying to

    backup
    > >a Snap server on a novell network. I try to backup my local drive and
    > >everything is OK so it seems to be something with the network. The

    version
    > >of Backup Exec Pro is 4.5. Has anyone else had similar problems with this
    > >config?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Nick Steele

+ Reply to Thread