Using 2 autoloaders from the same server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Using 2 autoloaders from the same server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, all; I've got a server running BENT 8.5, backing up to an autoloader. If I attach a Scalar 218 to a 2nd scsi port in that server, will I be able to backup to both autoloaders? I realize I ...

  1. Using 2 autoloaders from the same server

    Hi, all;

    I've got a server running BENT 8.5, backing up to an autoloader.

    If I attach a Scalar 218 to a 2nd scsi port in that server, will I be able
    to backup to both autoloaders? I realize I will need 2 LEO's; I have them.
    Any other license issues?

    Thanks!
    Bill

  2. Re: Using 2 autoloaders from the same server

    My only warnings would not concern licensing, but hardware issues

    Plan on placing the 2nd library on it's own controller, or at the very least,
    a 2nd channel on the same controller. Don't daisy-chain them.

    Also, be sure you have plenty of RAM in your backup server. My rule of thumb
    is 64MB (minimum) per tape drive, over and above any other OS/Application
    requirements.

    I ran 6 DLT7000s on three SCSI channels on a PIII 450 with 640 MB of ram
    and was quite pleased with the through-put

    "Bill" wrote:

    >Hi, all;
    >
    >I've got a server running BENT 8.5, backing up to an autoloader.
    >
    >If I attach a Scalar 218 to a 2nd scsi port in that server, will I be able
    >to backup to both autoloaders? I realize I will need 2 LEO's; I have them.
    > Any other license issues?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Bill

+ Reply to Thread