Connection with server failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Connection with server failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; This is a Windows 2000 Server with SP2. When I attempt to create a backup job, the list of selections is empty. On the right side of the window it BENT displays "Connection with server failed. Hit to retry". I ...

  1. Connection with server failed

    This is a Windows 2000 Server with SP2.

    When I attempt to create a backup job, the list of selections is empty. On
    the right side of the window it BENT displays "Connection with server
    failed. Hit to retry". I have reviewed the Veritas knowledgebase
    articles on this symptom & those solutions do not work. All Backup Exec
    services are running.

    Also, I made sure to let the BENT install routine create the account for me
    as I have been advised by your support personnel in the past. I am
    presently logged in with that account. It is a member of Administrators,
    Domain Admins, and Backup Operators. Domain Admins is the Primary Group. I
    specifically removed the account from Domain Users. I have also gone into
    the Logon tab for the service startup properties and browsed the domain for
    the account, re-entered the password, stopped and re-started the service all
    with no different effect.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Connection with server failed

    "Mel Drews" wrote:
    >This is a Windows 2000 Server with SP2.
    >
    >When I attempt to create a backup job, the list of selections is empty.

    On
    >the right side of the window it BENT displays "Connection with server
    >failed. Hit to retry". I have reviewed the Veritas knowledgebase
    >articles on this symptom & those solutions do not work. All Backup Exec
    >services are running.
    >
    >Also, I made sure to let the BENT install routine create the account for

    me
    >as I have been advised by your support personnel in the past. I am
    >presently logged in with that account. It is a member of Administrators,
    >Domain Admins, and Backup Operators. Domain Admins is the Primary Group.

    >specifically removed the account from Domain Users. I have also gone into
    >the Logon tab for the service startup properties and browsed the domain

    for
    >the account, re-entered the password, stopped and re-started the service

    all
    >with no different effect.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Mel,
    I have exactly the same problem with a Windows 2000 Server with SP2. Any
    info you find out would be greatly appreciated. I think that the online
    support for this issue is really sad.
    Thank you in advance,
    Greg Booty

  3. Re: Connection with server failed

    More info.
    Upon reloading BENT I got to the account name setup, created a new account,
    and proceded to install the services.
    It came back with a Job Engine failed to start due to a parameter being
    incorrect.
    This is a reinstall that I just tried.
    Greg Booty

    "Greg Booty" wrote:

    >"Mel Drews" wrote:
    >>This is a Windows 2000 Server with SP2.
    >>
    >>When I attempt to create a backup job, the list of selections is empty.

    > On
    >>the right side of the window it BENT displays "Connection with server
    >>failed. Hit to retry". I have reviewed the Veritas knowledgebase
    >>articles on this symptom & those solutions do not work. All Backup Exec
    >>services are running.
    >>
    >>Also, I made sure to let the BENT install routine create the account for

    >me
    >>as I have been advised by your support personnel in the past. I am
    >>presently logged in with that account. It is a member of Administrators,
    >>Domain Admins, and Backup Operators. Domain Admins is the Primary Group.

    >>specifically removed the account from Domain Users. I have also gone into
    >>the Logon tab for the service startup properties and browsed the domain

    >for
    >>the account, re-entered the password, stopped and re-started the service

    >all
    >>with no different effect.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?
    >>

    >Mel,
    >I have exactly the same problem with a Windows 2000 Server with SP2. Any
    >info you find out would be greatly appreciated. I think that the online
    >support for this issue is really sad.
    >Thank you in advance,
    >Greg Booty

+ Reply to Thread