overwriting media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on overwriting media - Veritas Backup Exec ; NT4.0 SP6a BENT 8.6 I have all of my backup jobs set to overwrite. However, lately, they have only been appending. This is becoming a problem as space is running out. Overwrite protection is none, and append on the media ...

  1. overwriting media

    NT4.0 SP6a
    BENT 8.6
    I have all of my backup jobs set to overwrite. However, lately, they have
    only been appending. This is becoming a problem as space is running out.
    Overwrite protection is none, and append on the media sets is set to
    infinate, allow append.

    Any ideas?

    Mike Kelly
    mkelly@snyders-han.com

  2. Re: overwriting media

    I'm a little confused here:

    If you specify "append, then overwrite", if no appendable media is found,
    then the job will switch to overwrite.

    If you specify "overwrite", then BackupExec will only look for overwritable
    tapes.

    Attach a sample job log so we can see if anything else leaps out at us.

    "Mike Kelly" wrote:
    >NT4.0 SP6a
    >BENT 8.6
    >I have all of my backup jobs set to overwrite. However, lately, they have
    >only been appending. This is becoming a problem as space is running out.
    >Overwrite protection is none, and append on the media sets is set to
    >infinate, allow append.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Mike Kelly
    >mkelly@snyders-han.com