ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified - Veritas Backup Exec ; Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent try to start Backup exec remote agent . Got this error: ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified Anyone has a idea. I tried everything. Thanks...

  1. ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified

    Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent
    try to start Backup exec remote agent .
    Got this error:
    ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified
    Anyone has a idea.
    I tried everything.
    Thanks

  2. Re: ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified

    Uninstall RA and reinstall in silent mode by running the file setupaa.cmd
    from a command prompt. The file is found on the CD

    Mike

    lin wrote in message news:3b61734a$1@hronntp01....

    > Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent
    > try to start Backup exec remote agent .
    > Got this error:
    > ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified
    > Anyone has a idea.
    > I tried everything.
    > Thanks

  3. Re: ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified

    I tried that . Still did not work
    "Mike" wrote:
    >Uninstall RA and reinstall in silent mode by running the file setupaa.cmd
    >from a command prompt. The file is found on the CD
    >
    >Mike
    >
    >lin wrote in message news:3b61734a$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent
    >> try to start Backup exec remote agent .
    >> Got this error:
    >> ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified
    >> Anyone has a idea.
    >> I tried everything.
    >> Thanks

  4. Mike .I tried that . Still same problem

    "Mike" wrote:
    >Uninstall RA and reinstall in silent mode by running the file setupaa.cmd
    >from a command prompt. The file is found on the CD
    >
    >Mike
    >
    >lin wrote in message news:3b61734a$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent
    >> try to start Backup exec remote agent .
    >> Got this error:
    >> ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified
    >> Anyone has a idea.
    >> I tried everything.
    >> Thanks

  5. Re: ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified ... Solution

    W2K... No need to edit registry... Add the the AppleTalk Protocol then uncheck
    it so that it is no active. This clears the proble keys in the registry.

    "lin " wrote:

    >Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent
    >try to start Backup exec remote agent .
    >Got this error:
    >ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified
    >Anyone has a idea.
    >I tried everything.
    >Thanks

  6. Re: ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified

    see technote 233459

    "lin " wrote:

    >Win2k/sp2/Backup Exec 85/3572 's Agent
    >try to start Backup exec remote agent .
    >Got this error:
    >ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified
    >Anyone has a idea.
    >I tried everything.
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread