Backup agent fail after W2K SP2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup agent fail after W2K SP2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Vertas 8.5 3572 backup remote agent fail to load after W2K SP2. Anyone have a solution?...

  1. Backup agent fail after W2K SP2

    Vertas 8.5 3572
    backup remote agent fail to load after W2K SP2.
    Anyone have a solution?

  2. Re: Backup agent fail after W2K SP2

    Yup... install hotfix 22 on your BENT server... worked for me.

    "Lin " wrote in message news:3b60331c$1@hronntp01....

    > Vertas 8.5 3572
    > backup remote agent fail to load after W2K SP2.
    > Anyone have a solution?

  3. Re: Backup agent fail after W2K SP2

    Thanks for that. Exactly what I'm seeing!
    Mark

    "Samuel Schmidt" wrote in message
    > Yup... install hotfix 22 on your BENT server... worked for me.
    >
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236381.htm
    >

    > "Lin " wrote in message news:3b60331c$1@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > Vertas 8.5 3572
    > > backup remote agent fail to load after W2K SP2.
    > > Anyone have a solution?

  4. Remote agent for NT v8.6 hangs - is repeatable

    When I load the BENT WinNT Remote Agent (RANT) v8.6 on a client computer
    running Windows 2000 Professional SP2, it hangs quickly after the start of
    being backed up by the server. About 2MB or so gets backed up, then the
    client hangs, and the backup job times out and fails. The client computer
    crashes with the disk light permenantly on, requiring RESET to recover. The
    server never crashes, but reports loss of contact with the remote agent, as
    one would expect. This was repeatable and the computer had no other
    problems.

    I did a clean re-install of Win2K SP2, reinstalled RANT 8.6, and it still
    hangs quickly after its backup starts.

    Does anyone have a suggestion?

  5. Re: Remote agent for NT v8.6 hangs - is repeatable

    "Tim Thompson" wrote:
    >When I load the BENT WinNT Remote Agent (RANT) v8.6 on a client computer
    >running Windows 2000 Professional SP2, it hangs quickly after the start

    of
    >being backed up by the server. About 2MB or so gets backed up, then the
    >client hangs, and the backup job times out and fails. The client computer
    >crashes with the disk light permenantly on, requiring RESET to recover.

    The
    >server never crashes, but reports loss of contact with the remote agent,

    as
    >one would expect. This was repeatable and the computer had no other
    >problems.

    Have you tried uninstalling the agent, booting, re-installing it, and booting
    again?

    >I did a clean re-install of Win2K SP2, reinstalled RANT 8.6, and it still
    >hangs quickly after its backup starts.
    >
    >Does anyone have a suggestion?

  6. Re: Remote agent for NT v8.6 hangs - is repeatable

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > Have you tried uninstalling the agent, booting, re-installing it, and

    booting
    > again?

    Yes

+ Reply to Thread