Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hey all, I have Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server with the latest build installed. I use OFO to backup other Windows 2000 servers. During the backup of one server I get the following error: WARNING: "\WINNT\INF\mdmhandy.inf" ...

  1. Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002

    Hey all,

    I have Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server with the latest
    build installed. I use OFO to backup other Windows 2000 servers. During the
    backup of one server I get the following error:

    WARNING: "\WINNT\INF\mdmhandy.inf" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002.
    OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.

    Other backups of this server keep giving me the same error but everytime
    with another corrupt file for example:

    WARNING: "\WINNT\system32\lzexpand.dll" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002.
    OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.

    I have looked through the Veritas Knowledge base and cannot find any
    reference for this error.
    Any ideas would be very welcome.

    Gianni

  2. Re: Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002

    This error is caused by a file deadlock, which is due to a conflicting
    filter driver runnning on the system (ie a virus scanner etc). I have seen
    that it can be sorted if you change the drive for the static volume and also
    if you play around with initial and max sizes for the static volume, try to
    lower the initial size until you get an erros saying something like "not
    enough diskspace" and then higher the value a little bit. Note that if you
    change the drive for OFO from default to eg D:\ then when backing up the D
    drive the static volume will not increase beyond the initial value (this is
    true when backing up the same value where OFO resides). The best solution is
    to install another HDD and place the OFO static volume there.

    Mike

    Cairo wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I have Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server with the latest
    > build installed. I use OFO to backup other Windows 2000 servers. During

    the
    > backup of one server I get the following error:
    >
    > WARNING: "\WINNT\INF\mdmhandy.inf" is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002.
    > OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.
    >
    > Other backups of this server keep giving me the same error but everytime
    > with another corrupt file for example:
    >
    > WARNING: "\WINNT\system32\lzexpand.dll" is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002.
    > OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.
    >
    > I have looked through the Veritas Knowledge base and cannot find any
    > reference for this error.
    > Any ideas would be very welcome.
    >
    > Gianni

  3. Re: Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002

    Another thing to try is this :

    Go to HKLM\Software\Veritas\Open File Option\Config and change MinQuietTime
    value from decimal 5 to decimal 2. This tells OFO to wait 2 seconds for
    quiet time before taking the snapshot file. Reboot the server after the
    change. If you are on Backup exec 8.6 this value can be changed in the OFO
    wizard, with earlier versions you can not go lower than 2 seconds in the
    wizard and hence must use the registry.

    Mike

    Mike wrote in message news:3b602942$1@hronntp01....
    > This error is caused by a file deadlock, which is due to a conflicting
    > filter driver runnning on the system (ie a virus scanner etc). I have seen
    > that it can be sorted if you change the drive for the static volume and

    also
    > if you play around with initial and max sizes for the static volume, try

    > lower the initial size until you get an erros saying something like "not
    > enough diskspace" and then higher the value a little bit. Note that if you
    > change the drive for OFO from default to eg D:\ then when backing up the D
    > drive the static volume will not increase beyond the initial value (this

    is
    > true when backing up the same value where OFO resides). The best solution

    is
    > to install another HDD and place the OFO static volume there.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > Cairo wrote in message
    > > Hey all,
    > >
    > > I have Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server with the latest
    > > build installed. I use OFO to backup other Windows 2000 servers. During

    > the
    > > backup of one server I get the following error:
    > >
    > > WARNING: "\WINNT\INF\mdmhandy.inf" is a corrupt file.
    > > This file cannot verify.
    > > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > > Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002.
    > > OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.
    > >
    > > Other backups of this server keep giving me the same error but everytime
    > > with another corrupt file for example:
    > >
    > > WARNING: "\WINNT\system32\lzexpand.dll" is a corrupt file.
    > > This file cannot verify.
    > > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > > Unknown OFO error: 0xe0001002.
    > > OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.
    > >
    > > I have looked through the Veritas Knowledge base and cannot find any
    > > reference for this error.
    > > Any ideas would be very welcome.
    > >
    > > Gianni

+ Reply to Thread