When performing a backup opertation with veritas backup exec v.8.5 build 3572
r11. I get an I/O device error, as listed below.
I am using a spectralogic 2000F(fibre channel) with two Sony AIT2 drives.
All tape drivers are used from Veritas.
Erase and label actions perform without any problems.
Removable storage is not started, when I start it my changer is not available
anymore in Backup Exec.

Job server: FILE01
Job name: Test
Job started: donderdag 26 juli 2001 at 14:53:23
Job type: Backup
Log file: BEX01.txt

Drive and media information from media mount:
Changer Name: SPECTRA 1
Drive Name: SONY 1
Media Slot: 2
Media Cartridge Label: Peter
Targeted Media Set Name: Full Backup FILE01/DDC

Job Operation - Backup
Media operation - overwrite.
No compression enabled.
OFO: Started for device: "C:"

Storage device "SONY 1" reported an error on a request to read data from
media.

Error reported:
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Job ended: donderdag 26 juli 2001 at 14:58:14
Job completion status: Failed

Please help!