HELP Needed! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on HELP Needed! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I currently have Backup Exec 7.2 running on an NT4 server box. I recently brought Backup Exec 8.5. What i would like to do is format this server, install Win2k Server on it, and install BENT 8.5 and still have ...

  1. HELP Needed!

    I currently have Backup Exec 7.2 running on an NT4 server box.
    I recently brought Backup Exec 8.5. What i would like to do is format this
    server, install Win2k Server on it, and install BENT 8.5 and still have the
    backup history & jobs. (ie. not lose my months worth of backups) from 7.2.
    Is saving the Backup Exec directory in program files enough?
    Any help would be appreciated, please reply via e-mail.

    Nick

  2. Re: HELP Needed!

    Easiest thing to do is either copy the entire install directory to another
    place on the network, or do a special backup with NTBackup (either with BENT
    shut down, of course), put the saved/backed up files on the new computer,
    and then install on top.

    "Nick Kavanagh" wrote:

    >I currently have Backup Exec 7.2 running on an NT4 server box.
    >I recently brought Backup Exec 8.5. What i would like to do is format this
    >server, install Win2k Server on it, and install BENT 8.5 and still have

    the
    >backup history & jobs. (ie. not lose my months worth of backups) from 7.2.
    >Is saving the Backup Exec directory in program files enough?
    >Any help would be appreciated, please reply via e-mail.
    >
    >Nick

+ Reply to Thread