Upgrading from V7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrading from V7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I want to purchase version 8.5 or 8.6 so that I can install on my WIN2000 server. I have V7.3 Enterprise with the Exchange Agent running on my NT4.0 Servers. I want to upgrade the NT 4.0 servers to Veritas ...

  1. Upgrading from V7.3

    I want to purchase version 8.5 or 8.6 so that I can install on my WIN2000
    server. I have V7.3 Enterprise with the Exchange Agent running on my NT4.0
    Servers.

    I want to upgrade the NT 4.0 servers to Veritas 8.6 and install Veritas 8.6
    on the WIN2000 server. Can I buy the 8.6 Enterprise Upgrade Version to
    accomplish this or must I buy the full version since I have never installed
    Veritas on the WIN2000 server?

    How will I handle the serial / registration number issues?

  2. Re: Upgrading from V7.3

    There is no such thing as v8.x Enterprise Edition. You jsut install BackupExec
    on the server(s) that has/have tape drives attached, and a Remote Agent on each
    remote server.

    You should be able to get a "family upgrade" that will upgrade the base code
    and give you three Remote Agents. When you get the keys you can do one of two
    things

    1) upgrade the existing server, and after the upgrade go to Help/About and
    copy down the serials that show there. Then use them to install on the W2K
    box.

    2) E-Mail Veriatas support at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on

    (URL may be wrapped)
    with the install serials for v7.3 and the upgrade serial(s) for v8.6. They
    should send you back install serial(s) for v8.6

    Arrow wrote:

    > I want to purchase version 8.5 or 8.6 so that I can install on my WIN2000
    > server. I have V7.3 Enterprise with the Exchange Agent running on my NT4.0
    > Servers.
    >
    > I want to upgrade the NT 4.0 servers to Veritas 8.6 and install Veritas 8.6
    > on the WIN2000 server. Can I buy the 8.6 Enterprise Upgrade Version to
    > accomplish this or must I buy the full version since I have never installed
    > Veritas on the WIN2000 server?
    >
    > How will I handle the serial / registration number issues?

+ Reply to Thread