TapeAlert Events - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on TapeAlert Events - Veritas Backup Exec ; Anyone ever see this before? Any advice on what to do? Ed ----- TapeAlert Events ----- Warning Device: QUANTUM 1 (DOGBERT) A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not have been successfully completed. Critical Device: ...

  1. TapeAlert Events

    Anyone ever see this before? Any advice on what to do?

    Ed

    ----- TapeAlert Events -----

    Warning
    Device: QUANTUM 1 (DOGBERT)
    A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not
    have been successfully completed.

    Critical
    Device: QUANTUM 1 (DOGBERT)
    The tape is from a faulty batch or the tape drive is faulty:
    1. Use a good tape to test the drive.
    2. If the problem persists, call the tape drive supplier helpline.

  2. Re: TapeAlert Events

    Looks pretty self explanatory to me.

    Use a new tape. If it has problems, then RMA the drive

    Ed wrote:

    > Anyone ever see this before? Any advice on what to do?
    >
    > Ed
    >
    > ----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >
    > Warning
    > Device: QUANTUM 1 (DOGBERT)
    > A severe error occurred while reading or writing data. This job may not
    > have been successfully completed.
    >
    > Critical
    > Device: QUANTUM 1 (DOGBERT)
    > The tape is from a faulty batch or the tape drive is faulty:
    > 1. Use a good tape to test the drive.
    > 2. If the problem persists, call the tape drive supplier helpline.

+ Reply to Thread