Licencing Violation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Licencing Violation - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a problem with veritas backup exec for windows 2000. I have it setup on my domain controller which it backs up fine. The problem occurs when i try to back up my shared drives. I have a set ...

  1. Licencing Violation

    I have a problem with veritas backup exec for windows 2000. I have it setup
    on my domain controller which it backs up fine. The problem occurs when i
    try to back up my shared drives. I have a set up my proxy server to be backed
    up as well as a media server wich is also on the network. These drives are
    visible on the user shared irectories and can be selected. The problem comes
    when i set the back up off. The domain controller (main server is backed
    up, but when i get to the shared drives i get a

    "Licence Violation A Remote Agent for windows 2000 licence is required for
    protecting remote servers with this edition of backup exec"

    Looked like a simple solution when i read the manual but didnt work, Any
    Ideas??

  2. Re: Licencing Violation

    Have installed the Remote Agent. This is a puchasebale item. You require a
    license for it.

  3. Re: Licencing Violation

    Is this availiable on the Veritas CD. The only reason i ask is because i spent
    1 1/2hours on hold this morning trying to query, whether i have to buy additional
    software or if it is included in Veritas Exec 8.5 for 2000.

  4. Re: Licencing Violation

    The Remote Agent license is available from your reseller. The software is
    on your BENT server. Installation is normally done by starting the BENT
    setup program from the backup server. You need to enter your license number
    and push the software to the remote server.

    Alex

    "Parm Kalirai" wrote in message

    > Is this availiable on the Veritas CD. The only reason i ask is because i

    spent
    > 1 1/2hours on hold this morning trying to query, whether i have to buy

    additional
    > software or if it is included in Veritas Exec 8.5 for 2000.

  5. Re: Licencing Violation

    Thanks for the help GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!

  6. Re: Licencing Violation

    "Parm Kalirai" wrote:

    >Thanks for the help GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!

    Ahh, but if I don't need the remote agents, how do I get rid of them so I
    can back up the servers like normal (they were running, then I ran the Uninstaller
    from Add/Remove Programs, and the server complains that they're still installed)

    Thx

  7. Re: Licencing Violation

    "Nick Fields" wrote:

    >"Parm Kalirai" wrote:
    >>
    >>Thanks for the help GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!
    >>

    >Ahh, but if I don't need the remote agents, how do I get rid of them so

    >can back up the servers like normal (they were running, then I ran the Uninstaller
    >from Add/Remove Programs, and the server complains that they're still installed)
    >
    >Thx

  8. Re: Licencing Violation

    Did you run the uninstaller (delntaa.cmd) on the remote machines, or did
    you re-run setup and delete the NTAA keys from the serials screen when you
    "uninstalled"?

    But that's just it. For v8.0 and above, you DO need the agents to connect
    to remote ServerOS machines.

    "Nick Fields" wrote:

    >"Parm Kalirai" wrote:
    >>
    >>Thanks for the help GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!
    >>

    >Ahh, but if I don't need the remote agents, how do I get rid of them so

    >can back up the servers like normal (they were running, then I ran the Uninstaller
    >from Add/Remove Programs, and the server complains that they're still installed)
    >
    >Thx

  9. Re: Licencing Violation

    Thanks for all your help Ken! Exactly the answer I needed! We'll just look
    into purchasing the agents...

    Thx,

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Did you run the uninstaller (delntaa.cmd) on the remote machines, or did
    >you re-run setup and delete the NTAA keys from the serials screen when you
    >"uninstalled"?
    >
    >But that's just it. For v8.0 and above, you DO need the agents to connect
    >to remote ServerOS machines.
    >
    >"Nick Fields" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Parm Kalirai" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for the help GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!
    >>>

    >>Ahh, but if I don't need the remote agents, how do I get rid of them so

    >>can back up the servers like normal (they were running, then I ran the

    Uninstaller
    >>from Add/Remove Programs, and the server complains that they're still installed)
    >>
    >>Thx

+ Reply to Thread