Urgent - \help please - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Urgent - \help please - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi I had BENT 8.5 installed on my NT 4.0 SP6a PDC/backup sever, tape drive internal SCSI. I was sent the updgrade to BENT 8.6 the other day and had time to update this this morning. No after a reboot ...

  1. Urgent - \help please

    Hi

    I had BENT 8.5 installed on my NT 4.0 SP6a PDC/backup sever, tape drive
    internal SCSI.

    I was sent the updgrade to BENT 8.6 the other day and had time to update
    this this morning.

    No after a reboot the server will NOT get past the initial blue NT start-up
    screen and no disks indicated by the 3 dots per disk show up in the NT
    loader.

    This software has totally detroyed my ability to boot my PDC and thus
    damaged our business. Has anyone else experienced this from an 8.5 - 8.6
    upgrade?

    I used the latest 8.6 build from the Veritas site.

    Owen

  2. Re: Urgent - \help please

    I have done about 30 upgrades to 8.6 and never seen this issue before. What
    makes you think that backup exec causes this?

    Mike

    - wrote in message news:3b5eb55d@hronntp01....
    > Hi
    >
    > I had BENT 8.5 installed on my NT 4.0 SP6a PDC/backup sever, tape drive
    > internal SCSI.
    >
    > I was sent the updgrade to BENT 8.6 the other day and had time to update
    > this this morning.
    >
    > No after a reboot the server will NOT get past the initial blue NT

    start-up
    > screen and no disks indicated by the 3 dots per disk show up in the NT
    > loader.
    >
    > This software has totally detroyed my ability to boot my PDC and thus
    > damaged our business. Has anyone else experienced this from an 8.5 - 8.6
    > upgrade?
    >
    > I used the latest 8.6 build from the Veritas site.
    >
    > Owen

  3. Re: Urgent - \help please

    a colleague of mine had a similiar problem on 2k and resulted in the
    reinstall of 3 servers
    "-" wrote in message news:3b5eb55d@hronntp01....
    > Hi
    >
    > I had BENT 8.5 installed on my NT 4.0 SP6a PDC/backup sever, tape drive
    > internal SCSI.
    >
    > I was sent the updgrade to BENT 8.6 the other day and had time to update
    > this this morning.
    >
    > No after a reboot the server will NOT get past the initial blue NT

    start-up
    > screen and no disks indicated by the 3 dots per disk show up in the NT
    > loader.
    >
    > This software has totally detroyed my ability to boot my PDC and thus
    > damaged our business. Has anyone else experienced this from an 8.5 - 8.6
    > upgrade?
    >
    > I used the latest 8.6 build from the Veritas site.
    >
    > Owen

  4. Re: Urgent - \help please

    When I disconnected the external SCSI autochanger and tried a final "well
    I'll try this before I reinstall" restart, it worked so my thinking is that
    as BENT offered to change my driver for the external IBM DDS4 changer -which
    I said yes to(!) this interfered with boot process and a wrong mini-driver
    was loaded of missed....

    I think that by including a check box on the installer program asking you if
    you want "robotic changer" support confuses things - seems this IS the new
    name for an autoloader.

    One thing to UK users: have you found the support line unbelievable slow?
    We're VIP(?) customers and enjoy 35 min waits on the phone...

    Owen

    "Mike" wrote in message
    > a colleague of mine had a similiar problem on 2k and resulted in the
    > reinstall of 3 servers
    > "-" wrote in message news:3b5eb55d@hronntp01....
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I had BENT 8.5 installed on my NT 4.0 SP6a PDC/backup sever, tape drive
    > > internal SCSI.
    > >
    > > I was sent the updgrade to BENT 8.6 the other day and had time to update
    > > this this morning.
    > >
    > > No after a reboot the server will NOT get past the initial blue NT

    > start-up
    > > screen and no disks indicated by the 3 dots per disk show up in the NT
    > > loader.
    > >
    > > This software has totally detroyed my ability to boot my PDC and thus
    > > damaged our business. Has anyone else experienced this from an 8.5 - 8.6
    > > upgrade?
    > >
    > > I used the latest 8.6 build from the Veritas site.
    > >
    > > Owen

+ Reply to Thread