Remote Selection Greyed out - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Selection Greyed out - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have the following setup: One each: W2K server, Terminal server, tape drive, BE 8.6 for SBS2000. I want to backup the TSE from W2K using remote agent. I installed the remote agent from W2K onto TSE by running ...

  1. Remote Selection Greyed out

    Hi,

    I have the following setup:

    One each: W2K server, Terminal server, tape drive, BE 8.6 for SBS2000.

    I want to backup the TSE from W2K using remote agent.

    I installed the remote agent from W2K onto TSE by running the BE setup and
    choosing install remote agent option.

    Under Selections for a backup job, I can see my TSE but it is greyed out.
    When I right click on it, it says Remote Agent is installed and running and
    tells me version 8.6

    How do I fix this? How do I see the drives and files on TSE?

    Any help is appreciated.

    --
    Azi Farooquee
    A+, MCSE

  2. Re: Remote Selection Greyed out

    From what I have read, the small business edition of backup exec will not
    let you browse servers through tcp/IP. I have the full version and have the
    same problem as you....I'm still searching for my answer.

  3. Re: Remote Selection Greyed out

    Correct. SBS WILL NOT connect to remote serverOS machines, no matter how
    you try to do it.

    As for the full version. Have you installed a copy of the Remote Agent on
    each remote server?

    "Jeremy" wrote:

    >From what I have read, the small business edition of backup exec will not
    >let you browse servers through tcp/IP. I have the full version and have

    the
    >same problem as you....I'm still searching for my answer.

  4. Re: Remote Selection Greyed out

    You need the serial number gfor the remote agent.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Correct. SBS WILL NOT connect to remote serverOS machines, no matter how
    >you try to do it.
    >
    >As for the full version. Have you installed a copy of the Remote Agent

    on
    >each remote server?
    >
    >"Jeremy" wrote:
    >>
    >>From what I have read, the small business edition of backup exec will not
    >>let you browse servers through tcp/IP. I have the full version and have

    >the
    >>same problem as you....I'm still searching for my answer.

  5. Re: Remote Selection Greyed out

    Please ensure that the following options are checked from Tools -> Options
    -> Network menu :
    - User defined
    - Default Shares

    Also refer:
    go to www.support.veritas.com -> type Grayed Out -> & the very 1st TNote
    is your!!

    Thanx
    Jack Dorson

    "Jeff " wrote:

    >You need the serial number gfor the remote agent.
    >
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>
    >>Correct. SBS WILL NOT connect to remote serverOS machines, no matter how
    >>you try to do it.
    >>
    >>As for the full version. Have you installed a copy of the Remote Agent

    >on
    >>each remote server?
    >>
    >>"Jeremy" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>From what I have read, the small business edition of backup exec will

    not
    >>>let you browse servers through tcp/IP. I have the full version and have

    >>the
    >>>same problem as you....I'm still searching for my answer.

+ Reply to Thread